Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day 2007

Memorial Day Memories...Past and Present

There have been many years in the past when anticipation of the long Memorial Day weekend was very well planned and thought out. I would prepare for the festivities that would take place whether it meant: going to the park and hanging out with friends, going to Galveston beach, grilling and playing games at a friends house, driving to Mo Ranch for an All Church Retreat, or family gatherings at Joan's. This year no major planning occurred, just getting things done around the house with Dad (like picking up new bedroom dressers from Bombay), spent one day scrapbooking at the local store taking classes and learning something new, and spending Sunday in Kerrville with Ed, Diann and Nellie (when she wasn't working). On Sunday in Kerrville, we piddled around town taking care of things on "the list". We went to the famous "Gibson's" and I got a flag to put out in front of my house. We also walked through the "Market" downtown and I picked up two flower pot hanging deals...that were very cool.

Today - Memorial Day was spent with my Dad. We enjoyed breakfast at McDonald's (his favorite place to eat breakfast), then went to Sam's Club where he got a new cell phone with a local San Antonio phone number and I got a new television for my bedroom...one that I can read the guide from my bed without going blind...then we went to Bombay and I picked out a couple lamps and some artwork that I think will go well in my bedroom...but want to show my visitors over the next two weeks to get their valued opinion. Then home where we unpacked everything, set up the new HDTV and ate some lunch. After lunch we hung the flag out front. Life sure is SWEET!

I love relaxing long weekends and am oh so thankful for this one. Hope yours was nice and relaxing too.

2 comments:

Dr. Mechiel Rozas said...

Beautiful work below. I love weekends when you get to do many things-some that need to be done, some that you want to do and some that make memories.
Love you bug-see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

I love your stuff. As usual excellent. If I didn't love you, I would be so jealous. Are you going to be teaching a class? I loved the sample you showed. I may have to copy it....Opps I really meant scrap lift.....:)

Sure do miss you. Matter of fact I miss all of the girls. Here is to a weekend we can spend together soon.