As I sit here and write on my blog I've got wet hair and I am surrounded by loud sounds of crackling, popping and booms all around the house. This evening started with a quick drive out to ElMax Ranch in Boerne, where my sister is staying while Lee's boys Bob and John are here for a visit. The tiny trailer doesn't really provide much room for four people...even if they are small. Laura invited Dad and I to join them for some steaks and fireworks after dinner. Well the Ranch they are staying on is pretty cool. They apparently have several houses on their property that they lease out - kind of like bed and breakfast place. They are staying the stables and the place is nice. As we drove up their were Longhorn steer just standing around the driveway welcoming us. Lee prepared and grilled some of the best steak I've ever tasted....so tender and juicy. We all enjoyed a delightful dinner...joking and laughing about what ever we talked about. I wanted to get a few pictures of the Longhorn's, so I tried to get a few shots but there was another storm brewing as we were about to depart to view fireworks. Just as we drive up to the parking lot where we were going to watch the fireworks it begins to rain...no kidding. We stood in the rain for about 25 minutes to watch the fireworks, just laughing so hard about it. So not only was it my first time to celebrate July 4th in San Antonio, but it was my first 4th of July to watch fireworks in the rain (getting completely drenched), it was the first time I was actually cold and not hot, sticky, sweaty and cranky while watching the fireworks praying for them to be over soon. Instead I kept praying for the rain to hold up so we could stay to the end. What a fun evening and one we will definitely remember for a long time to come.



1 comment:
That sounds like a wonderful 4th! Love that you ate steaks in the country then went to watch fireworks. :) Have a good week!
Jennifer
Post a Comment