Today...I planned to do June stuff. A little shopping. A little scrapbooking. A little being lazy. I am thankful that for the most part that is exactly what happened. I shopped Wal-Mart, Bed Bath and Beyond and Hobby Lobby. Found some stuff I needed and some surprises along the way. My favorite purchase today is an iron scroll-looking piece that has a place for you to hang keys or whatever else you want to hang. I scrapbooked and finished my June and July pages for Isabel. Yeah!!! I think when I mail them tomorrow it will catch me up???
I also watched a movie today that I had not seen White Oleander with Michelle Pfieffer (sp?)...kind of sad I'll say. My Dad came home from a long weekend to visit his Grandson (Alec) and my cousins (Joan, Leni and John). He brought stuff for Strawberry Shortcake and it was delicious.
And, right now... I am about to go and plan out my week. I am starting a program tomorrow called "Commit2Fit". It is through AdvoCare (www.advocare.com) and lasts 8 weeks. I am a new distributor for AdvoCare. I'm anxious and nervous about starting. As a matter of fact, I wasn't going to say anything. I'm very uncomfortable when it comes to talking about my excess weight and lack of being fit. It is something however I desire (being fit I mean), but have not felt compelled to do anything about it for some time. Recently, I got on the scale and can you say UGLY!!! Well, that and getting my braces of has propelled me into the place I need to be to take the first step. I am very much aware of the fact that there is no quick fix and it is going to be life-long effort. One would think if you know you will feel better, look better and live better that there would be nothing that could stop you from doing what it takes, right? But for those of you who fight the battle of the bulge day in and day out....you know that it just is not that simple. Life gets in the way. Emotions get in the way.
Tonight before I stopped to do my post, I was surfing the net and came across this on the Homegrown Hospitality blog site. http://homegrownhospitality.typepad.com
There is something so free and peaceful about this quote. The artist is Stephanie Tafoya. I didn't spend a lot of time digging, but I think she is the editor of the new magazine and she is somehow connected to MeandMyBigIdeas. Anywhoo, I found myself reading all of her little sayings and such. And, by the way, if you haven't see the magazine...check it out it is awesome. I love it and can't wait for the next issue.
Well I better get to planning...God Bless




No comments:
Post a Comment