Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another Year Older

Another year has gone by and I'm 41. This year's celebrations have been really wonderful.

It all started Tuesday when Mr. D treated me to a very special evening.

Yesterday...the big day...I was spoiled with my very favorite cookies sent to me from some pretty great people in my Houston office. If you live in Houston and you haven't enjoyed Memorial Bakery's wonderful frosted sugar cookies then you should run right over there and taste them. Nothing kicks a sweet tooths butt like they do.

I recieved many sweet and thoughtful gifts and e-cards...I was serenaded three times by Kim, Colson, and Ed & Nellie (with the dogs barking in the background)...I enjoyed a fun lunch with Susan, Stacie and Laura at Paesano's...I received Phone calls from special friends to wish me a happy day...I got to see Mr. D before going to Bible Study...I even got some beautiful flowers from a client, you should see the sunflowers in that vase. Sunflowers...make me smile...

Last night was the first night of a Bible Study at my friend Michelle's. It is a small group of 5. The book we are studying is Twelve Ordinary Men by John McArthur. Although I hadn't completed any of my homework it was still a good discussion. It is good to be studying with Michelle again. We used to be in a women's group back in Houston several year's ago.

The new year is off to an excellent start. I am so very blessed and thankful to have you ALL in my life. As my sister always says "May the Lord bless you and perfect ALL of our futures."

1 comment:

Zanne said...

Oh my gosh June! Happy Belated Birthday!!! Glad to hear you are 41 years young. I am excited I will see you back at Inspired 09!!! We are going to have a blast!