Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jumping In

I'm having a hard time knowing where to begin since my last post, so I guess I'll just jump in.
7/21 through 7/27 - I went to see a San Antonio Missions game w/ Mr. D. They won over the Corpus Christi Hooks. Go Missions!!! I really like the games because it is so laid back and it is great to watch all the different people that attend. That weekend, Mr. D and I went to Houston. We had a wonderful lunch with Mechiel and Dorian at El Tiempo and really nice dinner at 713 with DeeDee, Kim, David and Colson. It was great to introduce Mr. D to them and catch up with what is going on in their lives. I really enjoyed our visit and getting to introduce Mr. D to them. It has been so long since I've seen Colson and he is growing up so fast.
Dee Dee took this of Mr. D and I at 713.

This past week 7/28 - 8/3 was very busy with work. Work has entered that period where everyone wants everything now for 2009. I struggle some times managing it all, but I am trying very hard to find a good balance. Then of course there is Mr D., who occupies the majority of my thoughts these days. Although this is sometimes a distraction from work it has brought me very much happiness. Bain and Linda came to SAtown and took us to lunch (a late birthday lunch for me). It was great to see them. We don't get to see each other nearly as much as we used to and I really enjoy our visits.

Yesterday, I had breakfast with Dad at his favorite place McDonalds, then we drove by his house to see the progress that is being made.
Dad infront where his driveway will be poured eventually.
This is kind of a side view. The front pourch and the entrance further down the left side of the photo.
Later that morning Carol a StampinUP friend came by and I showed her how to make coasters with Tumble Marble tiles and Stazon ink. In the afternoon, I treated myself to a Mani/Pedi at my favorite little salon in Boerne "Salon Infusion". When I got home Dad and I watched Season 1 of CSI (NetFlix). I want to see them in order....all the repeats jump all over the place and so know I am curious about how some of the relationships played out on the show...

Today, Dad and I attended worship -- which was very good they served communion. After church, I went to meet Mr. D, his son and his son's girlfriend for lunch and a movie. We saw Dark Night. I didn't see the first Batman by this producer in the theatre, so I watched it last Sunday night with Mr. D to get caught up. I really liked it - definitely a little more graphic than the older Batman movies. Everyone has been going on and on about Heath Ledger's performance and I would have to agree it was very compelling. I enjoyed lunch and the movie very much.
Now it is time to get ready for another busy work week. Laundry, picking up, etc. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture girlfriend. And may I say you have never looked happier. I am thrilled for you.