Sunday, October 5, 2008

Balloon Fiesta & More...

Mr. D and I went on our first vacation together to Albuquerque, NM. We left Saturday morning early early and drove straight through. We had the good fortune of sitting on I-10 for 2 hours while a transport truck was on fire...we arrived that evening at Mr. D's brother's home where we are staying for the rest of the week.

Mr. D's brother and his wife are treating us so great. They have a beautiful home with an incredible view on all sides. It is truly beautiful here. The weather has been gorgeous. When we arrived it was raining and it continued for about a day and then it cleared out, but has still been a bit windy.

This morning Mr. D and I got up very early to go to the Dawn Patrol and Mass Assension. I actually thought it was going to be colder than it was. Once we got there we had Breakfast Burrito's and Hot Cocoa (Mr. D had coffee) and waited for daylight. It was pretty windy so they postponed the Mass Assension for about 30 minutes and I'm guessing only about a 1/3 assended. It didn't matter to me because it was my first time to see it and it was awesome. All the work and effort that goes into it and how quickly they can go up. Truly amazing sight. We had a really good time.









Afterward, we drove down town to the Museum district and went to the Aquarium and the Botanical Gardens. There was some really cool fish to see and one shark with a really toothy smile. The Gardens were pretty although I'm not sure this is the best time of year to see the flowers. It was a gorgeous day to be outside.








2 comments:

Dr. Mechiel Rozas said...

Just beautiful photos. Glad you are having a great time!

Dr. Mechiel Rozas said...

Just beautiful photos. Glad you are having a great time!