Thursday, July 23, 2009

Simple Pleasures

We get up pretty early most week days (4:AM) becuase we are mostly carpooling. I actually am loving this time at work early before others arrive. I catch up on email and I'm finding it is the best time for me to blog. I reflect on the morning and prior day's events.

Wedensday's are our day to have dinner with Stuart and sometimes Ashlee if she is around. I enjoy these dinners so much. Seeing Stuart makes me smile and laugh. He feels it is his mission as a son, teenager and child of Mr. D's to annoy or instigate a competition of words between the two of them. It is so funny to me how they banter back and forth with each other. And then of course I laugh and laughing as you know is so good for you. So being with Stu is just good!

Also had lunch yesterday with two ladies that I work with at my client. I've worked with them since approximately 1996-1997. A long time anyway. They took me to lunch for a late birthday treat. I don't think I've been able to have lunch with just the two of them in so long. It was so enjoyable to just visit and chat with them whereever the conversation leads and not talk about work. It was such a special time and although the lunch had been planned with one of them the other was a special last minute bonus.

Our lives are full of little special moments or simple pleasures. We just have to look for them in between the mundane. I hope your day is full of simple pleasures and laughter.

Today's quote is: "Laughter is an instant vacation!" - Milton Berle

1 comment:

Dr. Mechiel Rozas said...

So good to read entries on your blog.