I really had a wonderful weekend. We had Stuart (Mr. D’s son) with us this weekend. Because the weekend was full of mostly girl stuff, we went to do boy stuff on Sunday. We went to a near by shooting range to shoot – it was called the Bullet Hole. The three of us had a great time. We shot some semi-automatic rifles. Let me first say it was very hot out there, between the ear muffs, special glasses and just trying to concentrate so hard on what I am learning and doing – it is no kidding that I was sweating like a little piggy. Thankfully Mr. D had a hanky to wipe the sweat away. We definitely need little towels with us next time. They say I did real well and when we got our targets at the end, I’ll say I didn’t do to badly. I got a lot of bullets inside the target and that is all I can really ask for this being the second time for me to shoot. I don’t shoot nearly as many rounds as they do; I’m so slow and concentrate so hard that it takes me longer to shoot. I enjoy going with them. Stuart seems to really enjoy having me with them and that is a great feeling, but I also like to give them their alone time and this is one of the ways I can give that to them.
Later that afternoon, we started watching the 3rd Harry Potter movie. I think I was so exhausted from shooting earlier that I fell a sleep. Then it was time to take Stuart home – which always makes me sad, but it is getting a little easier.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment