Tuesday, January 1, 2008

01-01-08




It just amazes me that another NEW YEAR is upon us. It was only one year ago that my house in Houston was on the market and I had dreams of moving to San Antonio. What a wild ride it has been and I wouldn't trade any of it.

2008 is going to be GREAT!

Some friends presented me with a challenge of stating my resolutions/goals/committments for 2008. Several years ago I quit making resolutions because it always seemed to be a major disappointment toward myself. Kind of self-inflicted. I realized that it is one thing to dream about resolutions and things I'd like to change about my life, but if you are not ready to be committed to actually doing something it can be a major let down. So...I quit letting myself down. But I like the idea of laying out some goals and things I am ready to commit to for 2008...so here they are:

Goals (in no particular order) are:
  1. Attending worship regularly at Forest Hills Presbyterian Church (I am joining - Yeah!)
  2. Find a Small Women's Bible Study Group
  3. Find a workable excercise routine
  4. To become a better person in the Lord
  5. Attend the classes at Ritz for my camera
  6. Attend sewing classes for my NEW sewing machine
  7. Creating a budget
  8. Spending as much quality time with friends and family as possible
  9. Being a loving and understanding daughter, sister and friend

Committments (in no particular order) are:

  1. I am committed to taking Advocare products because they have made such a difference in how I feel.
  2. I am committed to growing my knowledge of crafting and creative skills.
  3. I am committed to my job and doing the best job I can do for my company and my clients.

  4. I am committed to making my house a home.

  5. I am committed to being a servant of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

  6. I am committed to paying down debt.

  7. I am committed to tithing.

  8. I am committed to attending the Inspired Artist event, Ed and Nellie's Wedding and going to the Grand Canyon with my family in April 2008.
I think it will be sort of neat to look back on these to see how 2008 turned out. I think I need to do a scrapbook page of these items so I can refer back to it easily to see how successful I was and also to see how things change.

I hope anyone reading this will consider jotting down a few goals and committments for themselves - I think this is a little more healthier and much less pressure.

Today's Faith Note: Life is Fragile - handle with prayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Great goals and commitments. I so agree with the resolution thing. This is by far a better plan.

We will have to compare this time next year.

Love ya

mjr1066 said...

June, I don't really know you that well but I'm glad you took the challenge (I'm the mastermind if you want to call it that)! What you wrote is exactly why I challenged everyone to come up with goals as opposed to resolutions. You've done a fantastic job!

Merry