Friday was mostly a day of rest and recuperation after a going strong the past few days. Once we finally got ready for breakfast we went to get Breakfast Burritos. You know here in SA, we have Breakfast Tacos, well in New Mexico they have Breakfast Burritos. And, Mr. D's brother introduced us to the absolute best Breakfast Burritos you have ever tasted. So if you're ever in the area you must and I mean MUST go to Golden Pride and get Breakfast Burritos. Oh yeah, be prepared to tell them Red or Green chili's or you can do like I do and say "none thank you"!
Later that afternoon, we had a very important date with The Wagner's, who drove from Littleton, CO to the Balloon Fiesta and to meet Mr. D. I was so excited to have them meet finally! We met them at the Balloon Fiesta field to see the Glowdeo, but the winds were too strong and they were cancelled. Bummer! Mostly we visited and that was the most important part to me. Everyone looked really good and happy. Laura and Alex are growing like weeds (seriously). And, it was so good to see Isabel and David. I miss them so much.

Saturday, we slept in and had a leisurely breakfast and met up with The Wagner's at the Rio Grand Arts and Crafts Festival. It is a pretty big Art Show that goes on around the Balloon Fiesta each year. We browsed our way through that and then Mr. D took Isabel and I to our favorite hangout...a local scrapbook store to have a little girl time and shop for the latest in Scrapbooking essentials.
After our scrapbook store excursion, we met David and the kids back at their Camper. Isabel and I got to do a little show and tell with our latest projects. It was a short, but wonderful visit with The Wagners.
So Vacation wrap up...in a word EXCELLENT!
I have to say Mr. D was a real trooper. Shopping and Craft Shows are probably not something he is craving to do, but all week he went with me in all the shops and never made me feel like I was dragging him anywhere he didn't want to go.
I so enjoyed seeing his family again and getting the opportunity to know them a little more and them to know me a little more. Not to mention seeing the beautiful scenery here in New Mexico. Mostly places I'd never seen before. Mr. D and I had a truly wonderful vacation together and I can't wait until we can do it again.



No comments:
Post a Comment