Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend's Are Never Long Enough...

Would you agree?

I just want another 2 days...I think I'm still catching up from vacation.

After work on Friday I went to my favorite little nail salon in Boerne to get my nails and toes done. When they are freshly filed, scrubbed, buffed, moisturized and painted - I feel good all over.

Saturday morning my sister Laura met me at Le Mad... for breakfast and some girl time. We haven't had much time for that recently with both of us coming and going so much. We had a very enjoyable day together. We mostly window shopped, it was fun. We went to a couple fabric stores and some other fun places along the way. The best part was just talking, laughing and dreaming together about today, tomorrow and the future.

A big topic of discussion this weekend was my Dad's upcoming move.

My Dad's house is nearly finished and the closing is tentatively scheduled for this coming week. Although I am optomistic that the closing will happen and Dad will move out, I am not yet able to completely go there yet in my mind. I am in defense mode not wanting to get my hopes up and have them smashed once again. This time with Dad has been wonderful and I wouldn't trade it, but it has been hard at times. Meeting Mr. D has been a true gift from God. Not only has he brought me great joy and happiness, but he has helped me these past few months to deal with my disbelief. I feel so blessed. I think this is the best thing for my Dad and I am in awe about the timing of things and how God has masterfully planned it all. I know Dad will be very happy once he is settled in his new place.

Saturday evening and Sunday I spent most of my time doing house chores, laundry, etc. and playing in my Craft Room. I worked on some Christmas gifts and know I am working on some Thanksgiving garlad. It was good to get in the Craft room and work. It is such good therapy for me. Sunday night Mr. D and I got together and it was the perfect way to end the weekend.

And, well that is about it.

1 comment:

Dr. Mechiel Rozas said...

It is all good! Tell your Dad I will come soon and make him some food for his new place. Love and miss you!!