Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 172

Well, things have been a little crazy over here. I've been dealing with some health issues and so it's been slowing me down a bit. I'm hoping soon to get some direction and get things back on track. In the meantime, I've been sewing on this and that. Still working on the "happy stacker" and I'm also in the process of making my first tote bag.

As you know yesterday was Father's Day and we celebrated for both Mr. D and my Dad. We drove out to Bandera and had lunch with Dad, Mattie and Laura at a really good restuarant called Brick's. Everything they serve is huge and for dessert we all had some Chocolate Ice Box pie. Delish!

But the real excitement over here has been making plans because Stu is turing 18 this Saturday. Do you remember when you turned 18? If so, I'd love to hear from you? For me, I honestly think I was more scared wondering what was I going to do with my life than I was excited, but I didn't let it show. I remember it very clearly an entire evening of hanging out with my friends and drinking a lot of oj and vodka. That was my preferred drink at the time. So funny to think back on those days.

So, what do we have planned for Stu's big day? Well, he wanted to go shooting in Fredericksburg, so we are for the morning on Saturday (with Bain and Linda) and then we are headed to Boerne for a birthday dinner at Laura and Lee's and Dad and Mattie will be there too. Sunday we are going to have Mr. D's family over to celebrate with gramcracker cake and some good off the grill....it is just one party after another.

Hope you are all staying cool - it has been pretty darn hot over here these past few days.

1 comment:

Dr. Mechiel Rozas said...

Health issues? I hope all is well!
Love you and miss you!!